Want to make a difference in someone’s life?
Adirondack Community Action Programs, Inc. (ACAP) is looking to recruit drivers for their new Medical Transportation Program. Volunteer drivers are needed to take neighbors to their local medical and dental appointments, says Marge Garcia, ACAP Medical Transportation Program Coordinator. ACAP is working the Department of Health to become a Medicaid Transportation Provider and is looking for volunteers who would like to help others in their community. We are hoping that people who are retired or semi-retired, or just looking to volunteer part time might be interested in becoming a driver.
- You choose when you drive, where you drive, and who you drive!
- Flexible commitment – drive as little as once a month!
- Receive mileage reimbursement (mileage reimbursement is non-taxable!)
- You’ll help strengthen the community.
- You will directly impact the lives of people in your community.
- Age 21+
- Contact ACAP and complete enrollment forms
- Pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Report
- Provide 2 references from nonrelatives
ACAP is working to increase access to reliable safe transportation for seniors and others in our community. If becoming a volunteer driver sounds like a good fit for you, or for more information contact Marge Garcia at (518)873-3207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.